Thank you for visiting our site. The Cherokee Humane Society (CHS) was founded in 1975. For almost fifty years, CHS has rescued thousands of felines and canines from shelters, euthanasia, and cruel, uncaring owners. These lives were saved because of financial contributions and generous donations to our Thrift Store. Because we are a 501c-3 non-profit organization, your donations — whether monetary or items contributed to our Thrift Store — are tax deductible.
Our mission is to SAAVVE.
- Save. Rescue felines and canines from shelters and uncaring owners.
- Alter. CHS spays or neuters every animal it saves and adopts. It is one of the best ways to reduce the number of animals that are euthanized every year.
- Adopt. Together with PetSmart, Petco and our volunteers, we have multiple adoption sites.
- Vaccinate. No animal leaves our care or foster homes without being appropriately vaccinated.
- Vet. Every animal we foster or rescue is fully vetted.
- End Euthanasia. The ASPCA estimates that 2.7 million animals are euthanized in shelters every year. Our mission is to save!
Volunteers always needed for:
- Cat Centers
- Foster Homes
- Thrift Store